• The Swiss Museum Pass grants entrance to some 450 exhibitions throughout the country.
The pass is available at museumspass.ch for 30 Sfr. ($17) and is good for a period of one month. A full year pass is 90 Sfr. ($51). With both passes comes a brochure listing the museums and exhibitions.
• Through January 7 the exhibit, "Leonardo da Vinci - Scientist, Inventor, Artist," finishes its world tour at Zürich's Landesmuseum.
Some 250 pieces of da Vinci's work - paintings, reconstructions from drawings, moving objects - tell the story of the Renaissance master. For more info: www.leonardodavinci.ch
• The traveling exhibition, "Agatha Christie and the Orient," is in Basel through April 1.
It illustrates the life of the mystery winter and her archaeologist husband, Max Mallowan, through 200 objects including a luxuriously furnished train carriage from the Orient Express, documents, books and films. For more info: basel.com/en
• Dallas/Fort Worth is Swissair's newest North American Gateway.
Swissair flight 7133 departs DFW at 2:25pm and arrives in Zürich at 7:35am. Swissair flight 7132 departs Zürich at 10:25am and arrives in Dallas/Fort Worth at 2:40pm. These are code-share flights operated by American Airlines (with Boeing 767-300 ER aircraft).
• Ski-Europe offers 7-night packages to Zermatt including airfare, transfers, three-star hotel accommodations.
Key Websites for the Traveler to Germany, Austria & Switzerland
The Michelin database of hotels and restaurants plus great interactive trip planning tools.
Map and automobile trip planning. Locates routes and distances.
• German Rail Train schedules throughout Europe, not just Germany.
Swiss and European rail schedules.
Website of Switzerland's national tourist authority.
Germany's national tourist authority.
Austria's national tourist authority.